Creating an Applique Using a Mould
Making Your Own Applique with a Mould
- Dust the mould with corn starch - remove excess.
- Press the paper clay into the mould. Work it in until you are sure there are no chance of air bubbles that will affect your design.
- Even out the back of the applique so you have a flat back side and trim off excess.
- Carefully remove the applique slowly so you don't stretch or rip the applique.
- Apply E6000 glue to the back and apply to your piece. Doing this while it is still wet will allow you to form it to your piece.
- Let it dry.
- Fill in any cracks with wood filler or the like if you aren't going for a distressed look.
- Stain or paint.
12 min. 28 sec.
"The principles of true art is not to portray, but to evoke."
- Jerzy Kosinski